Dr. Mel Ortega27 years Experience, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
areas of expertise
- Breast Implants, Breast Lift and Breast Revision Surgery
- Eye Bag Surgery
- Facial rejuvenation, Facelift Surgery
- Liposuction, Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) Surgery
- Labiaplasty, Labia reduction and Corrective Surgery
- Macrolane Breast & Body Shaping
- Male Chest Reduction
Innovative Treatments Pioneered by Dr. Ortega
- Macrolane Breast & body shaping
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty / Nose shaping
- Fibroblast treatment for Burns
- Ultrashape – Non Invasive Body Contouring
- Immediate Nipple Reconstruction
- Hyperhidrosis treatment using botulinum toxin
Dr. Mel Ortega is a board certified Plastic Surgeon, certified both by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. With over 25 years of experience, he is currently one of Miami, Florida’s finest cosmetic surgeons, board certified in both Plastic surgery and General surgery. He is Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Dr. Ortega and his staff offer the latest and up to date surgical procedures at iBody Aesthetics. They provide the highest medicinal care and appropriate medical treatment plan empathizing towards their patient’s interest in all confidentiality and professionalism.
Dr. Ortega has also made contribution in the modern day advancement of fat grafting of breast, calf, external female genetalia and buttocks in a way that rules out the need for a surgical procedure and anesthesia. He has also advanced in Post fetal Congenital Deformities or Mastectomy.
Dr. Ortega and his staff treat their patients with all the necessary medical care, compassion and patience needed when dealing with body image and self esteem issues. His AREAS OF SPECIALISATION include:
- BREAST SURGERY
- BREAST IMPLANTS AND RECONSTRUCTION
- EYE BAG SURGERY AND FACIAL REJUVENATION
- RHINOPLASTY AND NON SURGICAL NOSE JOB
- TUMMY TUCK
- BRAZILLIAN BUTT LIFT
- BODY LIFT.
Patients who have received Dr. Ortega’s service marked him as prompt, persevering, diligent and ethical, who spends adequate time with his patients and attends to an appropriate follow up.
He completed his schooling in Miami, attending Immaculate La-Salle High school and further went on to attend Miami-Dade Community College and Florida State University in Tallahassee. He graduated and attained his medical degree from LaSalle University Mexican Medical College in Mexico City in 1980. After getting his degree, he completed his internship at Variety children’s hospital in United States in 1982. Having discovered his prowess towards Plastic Surgery, he further went on to attend Lincoln Medical and Mental Health centre in Bronx, New York, to commence General Surgery Residency. He completed his training in Plastic surgery from Galveston Texas University
His innovative treatments include:
- MACROLANE BREAST SHAPING or breast enhancement/breast lifting using 100-150ml of macrolane, ruling out the need for a surgical procedure.
- TREATMENT OF HIPERHIDROSIS USING BOTULINUM TOXIN by using type a botulinum toxin for the treatment, which is safe as well as provides a long lasting result, also ruling out the need for a surgical procedure.
- NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY/ NOSE SHAPING which is an OPD procedure performed using dermal fillers. It is carried out using a topical numbing cream instead of anesthesia. It is a safe technique and most often the patient can proceed just after the procedure.
- FIBROBLAST TREATMENT FOR BURNS carried out using using Cryopreserved fibroblast culture for the treatment of third degree burns.
Dr. Mel Ortega,
Miami Plastic Surgeon
1790 SW 27th Ave
Miami, Florida 33145 US, 305-444-437
Contact Dr. Mel Ortega
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: