Introduction to Botox in Miami at MaxBody for cosmetic purposes
Botox or Botulinum toxin is a purified substance derived from the bacteria causing botulism. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure that works in the form of injections. Botox injections weaken the muscle by contracting the muscular nerve impulses, resulting in diminishing facial wrinkles and younger, smoother looking skin. The effects last up to 2- 4 months.The Botox injection is made up of botulinum toxin type A, human albumin (protein found in the human blood plasma) and sodium chloride.
HOW DO THE BOTOX INJECTIONS WORK ?
When botox injected in small amounts, works to block nerve impulses and keep the muscles in your face from contracting.
The Botulinum toxin is injected using a very small needle into the targeted area. The targeted facial muscles are affected in such a way that it results in the betterment of forehead lines, crow’s feet, frown lines, facial wrinkles etc.
The Botox injections does not hurt much as the injection needles are small and cause minimal pain. Usually, the area to be injected is numbed before the procedure is undertaken using a cold pack 10-20 minutes before the procedure or by using a topical numbing aesthetic cream, numbing the area before the injections are inserted.
If wrinkles occur when your face is totally relaxed, Botox injections won’t work. Wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity will also remain unaffected and will not respond to the injections. The injections paralyze the muscles temporarily for a few months and the patient is required to come again to reinsert themselves with the Botulinum toxin, depending on the results, which varies from person to person.
ARE THEIR ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR A BOTOX SURGERY FROM THE PATIENT ?
The best known is Botox by Allergan, but there are also Myobloc by Solstice Neurosciences, Dysport by Ipsen Ltd and Xeomin by Mers.
In the United States, the Food and Administration Drug (FDA) has approved the Botox surgery for people ageing 18-65. However, this cosmetic surgery should not be preferred and can turn out to be risky if patients have the following symptoms-
- Have had facial surgery
- Are taking or have recently taken certain heavy medications, vitamins or supplements
- Are allergic to botulinum toxin type A, human albumin or sodium chloride.
- Have a skin condition
- Have a infection in the injected area
- Are allergic to other botulinum toxin brands such as Myobloc, Xeomin or Dysport.
Have breathing problems such as asthma..
WHAT ARE THE PRE- OPERATIVE REQUIREMENTS ?
1. A person planning to undergo a Botox surgery should be clean for at least 4 months of having had a previous Botox surgery.
2. Should not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
3. Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen to eliminate the risk of excessive bruising post surgery at least 2 weeks prior.
WHAT ARE THE POST- OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS?
1. Post Botox surgery, you can leave the hospital premises just after and resume your normal activities.
2. Avoid lying down for 3-4 hours.
3. Avoid any aspirin or ibuprofen medication intake post surgery for couple of weeks.
4. Avoid any kind of strenuous activity for a couple of days to avoid any further complications or bruising.