Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) in Miami by Top Plastic Surgeons
Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock Augmentation is a butt enlargement plastic surgery procedure that makes the glutes or the buttocks look more prominent, healthy and fuller. It involves the surgical installation of a gluteal implant or liposculpture (fat transfer and liposuction).This procedure involves extraction of fat from your own body parts such as abdomen, arms, thighs etc, or from body parts having excess body fat that. This extraction is done using a liposuction procedure.
A liposuction procedure uses a small, hollow surgical instrument that will be inserted into the body parts acquiring excess fat, extracting this fat and inserting it into your buttocks.
How Will Benefit From This Procedure?
Brazilian Butt Lift procedure at iBody allows you to add on, reshape, and lift up your buttock.
A butt lift extracts extra fat from your body and instills it into your glutes or buttocks. This procedure address the following conditions-
- You have a healthy body type but flat buttocks
- Sagging buttocks due to ageing
- Asymmetrical or uneven buttocks
- Disproportionate or small buttocks
- Simply wanting to have a healthier, bigger butt
How Is The Procedure Performed?
The procedure can be performed using your own body fat. This way, it eliminates the risk of any major complications. The procedure is as follows-
The technique involves:
- Fat extraction using Liposuction
- Processing of the fat
- Reinjection of fat droplets
- Fat extraction is performed using Liposuction. Liposuction extracts fat from certain fat deposit areas. It is usually done with the help of a sterilized, hollow, thin, surgical tube inserted into the body to extract fat. This fat will later be used to graft the buttocks. Smaller fat particles allow better fat grafting. Therefore, usually a 3mm cannula is used for the grafting process as compared to a 5mm one. It allows finer results though it may take more time for the extraction process as compared to a bigger cannula.
- Liposuction alone can give you a leaner, more attractive outlook. During fat extraction, the buttock is first contoured in the areas around the buttocks to make them look more prominent.
- Fat processing involves decanting and centrifugation. The fat sucked from the unwanted areas of the body is carefully processed and purified by the process of decanting and centrifugation. Only a certain amount of fat qualifies to be re-injected into your buttocks. In most cases, not more than 25% of fat cells are qualified to be re-injected. Only the best donor fat cells are re-injected back.
- The fat is transferred into special cannulas. To make the patient achieve the highest permanent absorption rate, these small amounts of purified fat cells are re-injected using cannulas at various depths. The fat cells are usually injected into the subcutaneous regions, avoiding the deep muscular regions. The subcutaneous region is the area above the major blood vessels and helps to avoid the risk of fat embolism. Usually about 580cc of fat is injected into each buttock, but if patients have a healthy distribution or more amount of fat, about 1000cc of fat can be injected into each cheek.
What Type Of Anesthesia Will Be Used For The Procedure?
The potential risks and complications of surgery are rare but the most common ones include reactions to anesthesia, blood accumulation that may need to be drained surgically and infection.
There are three types of anesthesia that can be used namely:
- Local anesthesia
- General anesthesia
- IV anesthesia
Usually local anesthesia is used for the procedure as compared to general or IV anesthesia. It eliminates pulmonary risks and occurrence of a fat embolism. It even allows quicker recover, wake up sooner and experience very little nausea.
While using General anesthesia, the blood vessels get dilated. By using local anesthesia, blood vessels will not dilate as much. It is harder for fat particles to travel in smaller blood vessels.
What Are The Pre-Operative Requirements?
The pre- operative requirements for a Brazilian butt lift are:
- Your Body Mass Index or BMI must be less than 77 pounds. The BMI is calculated using your weight and height.
Quit bad habits such as smoking at least 28 days prior to surgery. Smoking will adversely affect your ability to heal and recover sooner.
- Stop your intake of multivitamins, aspirin, herbals or any kind of pills at least 7 days prior to surgery to avoid excess blood loss during surgery.
- Get a History and Physical (H&P) and a CBC blood test done clearing you for surgery.
- Avoid intake of fluids or solid food 12 hours prior to surgery.
- A pregnancy test will be conducted the morning of surgery.
What Are The Post-Operative Requirements Like?
Post surgery, it is essential for you to follow all the required instructions to ensure fat cell survival. The post-operative instructions are as follows:
- Take as much bed rest and liquid intake as possible. Limit your mobility.
- Avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for at least three weeks to ensure fat cell survival and for a long lasting result.
- Avoid any kind of work.
- Avoid driving.
- Take a minimum of three weeks off from work.
- Show for a post-operative appointment with our doctor at the 8th day post surgery.
- Do not remove your compression garment for the next two weeks minimum. You will be required to wear it 24/7 to control swelling.
- There will be mild swelling for upto 6 weeks. Resume all normal activities by 4th week post-op.
What Are The Possible Risks And Complications That Can Arise Post Surgery?
There are risks associated with every surgery. By using the natural technique for butt augmentation, the possible risks and complications are made minimal. However some of the complications that can arise post surgery are-
- Swelling and Bruising. Mild swelling will occur for about 6 weeks post surgery. Bruising is temporary.
- Numbness and Pain, also temporary.
- Fat embolism. A fat embolism is a very rare occurance.
- Stretch marks
- Partial loss of fat graft as a result of not following post-op instructions.