Introduction to Vaginal Rejuvenation Miami
Vaginal enhancement or the female genital plastic surgery procedure combines tightening of the vagina and reshaping the labia minora. The reshaping of the labia includes contouring of the outer and the inner lips of the vagina. Patients who wish to attain a recontouring of the vagina post childbirth, weight loss, injury to genital structures or due to ageing can undergo this procedure. If your vagina appears to sag,
A vaginoplasty can be done to repair this sagging and reconstruct the vaginal wall. If your vaginal lips seem to hang, cause discomfort, pain or irritation during sexual intercourse, horse riding or while wearing certain clothes, a labioplasty can be done to make the vagina look sleeker and operate accordingly to eliminate this recurring pain.
To get rid of darker, longer length and to reshape the excess stretching of the vagina, a vaginal rejuvenation can be undergone. Women aged between 18- 50 can undergo this surgery for most efficient results.
HOW IS A VAGINAL ENHANCEMENT PROCEDURE PERFORMED ?
A vaginal enhancement procedure involves-
VAGINOPLASTY: a vaginal rejuvenation or a vaginoplasty is performed using the laser technique. The extra tissue is removed using a laser just like a scalpel. A local anesthetic called pudendal nerve block will be applied into the vaginal canal for numbness or pain relief during the surgical procedure. The incision will be made inside the vagina. After removing the extra tissue, the incision will be sutured up using absorbable sutures. This method is said to provide precise results with minimal bleeding.
LABIOPLASTY: the labioplasty procedure can be performed using either a strip method or the wedge method. The ‘strip or trim method’ reduces the length of the labia by removing the excess labial skin along the edges of the labia minora. Whereas, a ‘wedge method’ removed a wedge shaped labium portion to reduce the volume of the labia minora. A labioplasty is performed by sedating the patient with local anesthesia and the surgical procedure does not exceed an hour or two. As the scars are concerned, the incisions will be performed in the labia minora or majora so that excess tissue can be removed easily without complications. The incisions are closed up using dissolvable sutures.
WHAT DOES A VAGINAL ENHANCEMENT DEAL WITH ?
- Reducing the length of the labia minora or inner lips of the vagina
- Reducing the size of the labia minora
- Contouring of the outer lips of the vagina
- Clitoral hood remodeling
- Clitoral hood reduction
- Reduction of excess bulk in the mons pubis area and reconstruct it in proportion to the rest of the body
- Labial discomfort
Less sensation during sexual intercourse
WHAT ARE THE PRE- OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS?
Once you decide to undergo a vaginal enhancement procedure, start by getting a full consultation with the surgeon to discuss the procedure in detail. You can explain your goals and needs during the consultation. You must also mention your previous surgeries, current medical condition and allergies during the consult.
1. Your body mass index must be less than 77 pounds.
2. Avoid smoking at least two weeks before surgery.
3. Avoid the intake of aspirin or multivitamins so as to avoid any complications post surgery at least two weeks before surgery.
4. Get overall medical health certificates clearing you for surgery.
5. Do not eat or drink anything at least 12 hours before your surgery.
WHAT ARE THE POST- OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS ?
1. Avoid going to work for at least a week after surgery.
2. You will experience some symptoms which are absolutely normal such as scarring, bruising and mild swelling and pain.
3. Avoid sexual intercourse for at least 4 weeks.
4. Show up for your post- op follows regularly as instructed by the surgeon. Your drains will be removed in the first post- operative appointment.
5. Apply salt soaks daily to minimalise discomfort.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS TO LOOK OUT FOR ?
- Changes in sensation